Postdoc position on ciliopathies and ultra rare retinal degeneration syndromes
POST DOC POSITION
INSTITUT DE GENETIQUE MEDICALE – STRASBOURG CRBS
The research laboratory UMRS_1112 (INSERM and Université de Strasbourg) is looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our team on ciliopathies and ultra rare retinal degeneration syndromes.
Our Group is performing translational research in this field of rare diseases from gene identification and genomic analysis of modifiers to various cell line biomarkers and characterization, mouse modelling and overall pathogenesis mechanism understanding. We have gathered a unique biobank and a unique genomic dataset on this group of diseases.
This position comes with a European Project PREDICT generated by the European Joint Program on Rare Diseases (EJP-RD) and leans on studying in depth phenotype and genotype correlation of a selected set of ciliopathies.
The Post doc will have 2 missions:
- Contribute with our bioinformatics team and our collaborators to the analysis of whole genome sequencing data from a subset of patients with Bardet-Bield syndrome to identify modifiers
- Pursue the development of cellular and molecular characterization of various models of ciliopathies with RNA seq analysis especially by way of patients cells, iPSCs and eventually organoids, to identify molecular triggers especially for the retinal cells
The Institut de Génétique Médicale d’Alsace (IGMA) is located in the Centre de Recherche Biomédicale de Strasbourg (CRBS) offering an ideal setting for research in the field of rare disease and cellular biology as well as genomics. The vicinity of medical genetics clinical team, at the same floor, and our clinical reference centres is a great opportunity for translational projects at various levels.
- PhD degree with a background in cell biology and strong background in bioinformatics especially genomics and RNA seq ( dual training in biology and bioinformatics )
- Experimental skills, notably in cell culture
- The applicant should have excellent organizational skills, be highly motivated and wanting to integrate a multidisciplinary team with enthusiasm
The position is available from December 2023. This initial funding for 24 months. Candidates are expected to have a competitive track record. Candidates should send their CV including research interests to firstname.lastname@example.org.